This free article explains how Australia is poised to grow.
Australia can continue to grow
Australia has a very strong and long history of national growth. We survived the GFC (Global Financial Crisis).
In recent times, we have been distracted by changes in leadership in the federal government. With the 7 September 2013 election completed, we now have the opportunity to make great strides forward. Elections bring about uncertainty. Once completed, business confidence returns.
Now is the time to take action. Australia is a strong country that has a big impact given its relatively small population. To use a phrase, we like "to punch above our weight". Now is the time to get down to business and implement the actions required to grow. The growth may be in new directions, but we have a growing, well educated population that has the capacity to innovate and develop new ways of doing things. We need to seize the opportunities that the world is offering.
- Decide to take action rather than have a 'wait and see" attitude.
- Focus on activities and projects that will have both a short term and long term benefit.
- Recognise the new opportunities that exist. For example, we can develop sustainable, environmentally friendly industries for Australia and the world.
- Encourage our people to grow and develop.
- Provide opportunities for staff members to exercise their creativity and hold them accountable for their level of contribution.
- Develop their skills. Give them training that works. Recognise their talents and build on them.
There are lots of things we can do. We have to believe that positive action is possible.
Most importantly, we have to enable action. We have to try. We can do great things if we "give it a go".
Although this article is specifically about business management, other articles under the following topics may also be useful:
- Customer Service Articles.
- Management Articles.
- Employee Engagement Articles.
- Business Systems Articles.
- Communication Articles.
- Human Resource Management Articles.
- Marketing Articles.
- Motivation and Leadership Articles.
- Personal Development Articles.
- Time Management Techniques Articles.
- Training Articles.
You can subscribe to this free newsletter. Only your name and email address are required, see: High Performance Newsletter Administration page. Your privacy is protected, see privacy page. Each article is short, easy to read and to the point.
To review the newsletter, see: Listing of recent newsletter articles. All articles relate to a performance theme, but individual newsletters cover a specific topic. Themes include customer service, leadership, management, website marketing and time management. You can see all articles in chronological order at: Listing of newsletter articles in chronological order.
You can publish this article, see: Publication.
Derek Stockley consultants conduct in-house customer service training and consulting, see customer service training and consulting.
Derek Stockley consultants conduct public training courses in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth.
These Ads appear as part of our monitoring of internet activity.