This one day job search program is for people seeking employment or wishing to change jobs. The course covers job search, contacting employers, preparing applications and handling selection and interviewing. A key feature is interview training. Derek Stockley is a training consultant who wants to help people find employment in jobs that match their skills and abilities.
If you are an employer seeking training in how to conduct recruitment and selection , see Interview and Selection Course - For Employers.
The Job Search training course covers the essential techniques necessary to plan, prepare for and conduct a job search. It is only available as an in-house training program . If you are an employer with a number of employees requiring this type of training, a needs based program can be designed and conducted specifically for your organisation, see in-house training request page or learn more about in-house training at: in-house training explanation. Derek Stockley provides a variety of human resource program options, see Human Resource Training.
This course is designed for people who are:
- are about to be or who are currently unemployed
- have been retrenched or made redundant
- are currently employed, but are seeking internal promotion
- The recruitment, selection and induction process
- Undertaking the job search
- Understanding the position requirements
- Identifying how your technical and interpersonal skills match the job requirements
- Preparing the application and CV
- Responding to the initial employer contact
- The interview and selection activities
- Accepting or rejecting the offer
- Starting strongly in the new position
Companies and other organisations with five or more to be trained can request further information and a quotation through the in-house training request page or learn more about in-house training at: in-house training explanation.
This particular course outline involves a design that requires a number of participants, because learning from and providing feedback to peers is a key design element.
However, individuals or groups of four or less can still receive quality training and coaching, see : On-demand Training and Coaching Service Explanation.
For all training courses offered, see: Training Topics.