Training, as part of the broader field of human resource development (HRD), is still a key activity of organisations. Learning is essential. This page brings together a variety of resources that explain the main features of training.
See Trainer Development Options for trainer development options .
Key Aspects of Training (HRD)
- Learning and Development - provides an explanation of the learning context - the platform on which training is based.
- Leadership/Management Training and Development - carries on with the learning theme, but highlights the importance of developing leadership and management skills.
- Setting training and learning at the right level - emphasises the importance of achieving training at the correct level - not too basic, not too complicated.
- Training Needs Analysis (TNA) - related to the previous theme. A comprehensive and accurate TNA is the essential starting point in any training initiative.
- Blended learning - explains blended training (including examples).
- Train the Trainer - emphasises the importance of developing skills in learning and development - the ability to design and deliver relevant training programs.Train the Trainer is also a very good form of human resource development.
E-learning and Online Training
- Free Online Training and E-learning - provides a comprehensive list of free examples/tutorials on a variety of business and learning subjects. A good introduction to computer based training.
- E-learning Tutorial - provides a comprehensive guide to the key issues concerning e-learning.
- "Mission impossible" - a light-hearted look at planning training.
- Human resource issues need attention - a formal look at identifying and meeting needs in the human resources field.
Related Training and Human Resource Development Matters
- Customer Service Consulting Assistance and Customer Service Training, including a Public Customer Service Course.
- Performance Management - managing performance and performance review processes are important human resources processes that are linked to training initiatives.
- Continuous Improvement - a commitment to quality and continuous improvement is essential in all aspects of human resources development.
Derek Stockley can design and conduct training for you, see: Training Courses and Services.
Further information related specifically to learning and training can be found at: Links - Training (Human Resources Development).
If you are interested in general management research, there is a "basic" e-journey on the Derek Stockley site called 50 Top Business Intellectuals. It lists information and links to management gurus and their thinking. (This opens a new page - close it to return to this point).
For more information about Derek Stockley and e-learning, select: E-learning - Derek Stockley.
Current testimonials provides an insight into how participants react to Derek’s training. It lists comments taken from actual evaluations at recent training programs.