Personal endeavour - achievement under difficult circumstances (article)

Custom Search

If things seem difficult, then this free article by Derek Stockley may provide some inspiration - it is about achievement under difficult circumstances.

When things get tough, it is hard to maintain our perspective

I have just been through a difficult period, with a number of major life events occurring simultaneously.

It reminded me of the old training expression:

When you are up to your a____ in alligators, it is hard to remember that your original objective was to drain the swamp!

This week, whilst waiting in a clinic, I saw a poster with a powerful message.

The poster was of a young man, wearing the appropriate climbing equipment, scaling a cliff face to reach the top of a mountain peak.

His facial expression conveyed strong determination.

The caption stated that he had climbed the tallest mountain in each of the 50 U.S. states in 67 days, breaking the previous record set.

This was obviously a major achievement.

As I looked more closely at the poster, it showed that he only had one leg, the second being a below the thigh artificial one.

To climb mountains takes physical and mental endurance. To climb mountains without two fully functioning legs is amazing.

Related articles

"Going for it" - the importance of trying is explained in this free article.

The three types of happiness - highlights the latest research on the three types of happiness.

Did you miss it?

What is effective delegation? - effective delegation is defined and explained.

To review the newsletter, see: Listing of recent newsletter articles. All articles relate to a performance theme, but individual newsletters cover a specific topic. Themes include customer service, leadership, management, website marketing and time management.

All articles are original. You can publish this article, provided that you meet certain requirements, see: High Performance Newsletter Publication page.

These Ads appear as part of our monitoring of internet activity.