Productivity gains in Australia are easy (Article)

Custom Search

Derek Stockley is a training and performance consultant based in Melbourne, Australia.

This free article provides tips on how to improve productivity in Australia.

Opportunities for dramatic productivity improvement exist

During discussions with participants on my Train the Trainer courses, I often hear statements about how the implementation of some basic process training is going to make a big difference.

One participant was involved in a major manufacturing facility that had wastage amounting to millions of dollars per year. The production line dealt with big volumes. Setting up production jobs often took a number of attempts because of the "trial and error" approach being used. Proper training in how to set up production runs was a simple solution. Getting it right the first time was easy with proper training.

When conducting a Training Needs Analysis workshop, a participant commented on the process she used to logon to the finance system. It turned out there was a much shorter method. She had needed someone to train her in the first place.

I know I have a bias for the importance of training. Over the years I have had many similar conversations. The potential for dramatic productivity improvement is there and the opportunities are easy to discover. You just have to look and when you find them, take action!

Although this article is specifically about business management, other articles under the following topics may also be useful:

You can subscribe to this free newsletter. Only your name and email address are required, see: High Performance Newsletter Administration page. Your privacy is protected, see privacy page. Each article is short, easy to read and to the point.

To review the newsletter, see: Listing of recent newsletter articles. All articles relate to a performance theme, but individual newsletters cover a specific topic. Themes include customer service, leadership, management, website marketing and time management. You can see all articles in chronological order at: Listing of newsletter articles in chronological order.

You can publish this article, see: Publication.

The major portals on this site are: Training Courses and Consulting and Performance Management.

Derek Stockley conducts in-house customer service training and consulting, see customer service training and consulting.

Derek Stockley and his senior consultants conduct public training courses in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth.

These Ads appear as part of our monitoring of internet activity.