Training Course Results
- Selection planning is more comprehensive and complete.
- Selection covers more than just interviews.
- Selection process aids recruitment success.
- Interviews start strongly and clearly.
- Selection is comprehensive.
- Attitudes as well as knowledge, skills and experience are tested.
- Managers and consultants are fully engaged with the selection process.
- Interviews are balanced.
- Bias is removed.
- People with the right behaviours are selected.
Training Program content
- The recruitment, selection and induction process
- Defining and describing the position requirements
- Identifying the technical and interpersonal skills required
- Planning the interview and selection process
- Conducting the interview and selection activities
- Behavioural and other interview types
- Choosing the most appropriate person/s for the position and the organisation
- Documenting the selection decision
- Ensuring all legal and ethical requirements are met
Discussion includes the use of selection criteria, the competency based approach, behavioural interviewing techniques, advanced methods as well as the right questions to ask.
Participants have the opportunity to practice interviewing techniques.
Key training course features
- One day selection and interviewing course (program).
- Ensures participants conduct selection and interviewing activities professionally.
- Gives confidence to inexperienced interviewers.
- For individuals, team leaders, managers and recruitment consultants required to select staff members.
- Covers planning for, setting up and conducting successful interviews.
- Trainer has more than 25 years commercial experience.
- Trainer is committed to high value, needs based training, see: Training Values.
- Comprehensive training materials provided.
- Times 9.00 am to 4.00 pm. Registration from 8.40 am.
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are provided.
- Certificate of completion awarded.
- Easy registration process: Registration Process Explanation.
- Limited to eight participants.
- Melbourne CBD (Collins Street).
- $620 per person.
- Available in Melbourne, see: Dates
- Designed specifically for training needs, also available as: in-house training.
Our training courses cover training that leads to learning which leads to improved performance:
A separate in-house program for those seeking employment is available at Job Search - Finding a Job and the Selection Process Training Course.
If this course description is close to your requirements, but you have a different or additional need, see also the explanation of the extra training available at EssentialsPLUS Course Extras.
The fee includes morning and afternoon tea, a light lunch and all course materials and participant notes. The course fees are:
- One participant: $620
Payment is by credit card - Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. There are no surcharges. Companies, government departments and organisations have the option of paying by invoice.
Level 15, 350 Collins St,
Melbourne VIC 3000
- 19 January 2018
- 15 February 2018
- 21 March 2018
- 23 April 2018
- 4 June 2018
An intensive one-to-one training/coaching day can be arranged at your premises in the Melbourne area. The fee is an additional $200 and you provide the venue. For more information, contact Derek Stockley on 0402 547 332.
In-house training can be arranged for Sydney, Brisbane or Perth (or other Australian location).
Please contact us if the above dates do not suit your schedule.
Derek has over 25 years experience as a trainer, consultant and manager. Derek presents needs based programs that draw on his own extensive experience as well as the background and experience of the participants. His programs are practical, combining essential concepts with real learning that can be implemented immediately.
Derek has worked with selection systems within both the public and private sectors. His programs help ensure that you select people who have the skills, attitude and aptitude for the job.
Terms and Conditions
Registration requires acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
Recruitment, Selection and Interviewing
Team leaders, managers, recruitment consultants and human resource managers are often required to lead or participate in the selection of staff. It is a key job responsibility. The wrong choice can have significant impacts on personal and organisational productivity. Poor staff performance costs Australian industry, government and not-for-profit organisations billions of dollars each year.
Further training information
If the available dates are not suitable, or you would prefer more specialised training, individuals or groups of four or less can register their interest or learn more about the on-demand service at: On-demand Service Explanation or register directly at On-demand Training Registration.
Companies and other organisations with training five or more to be trained can request further information and a quotation through the in-house training request page or learn more about in-house training at: in-house training explanation.
Public professional development and management courses are shown at: Public Training Courses.
If this course description is close to your requirements, but you have a different or additional need, see also the explanation of the EssentialsPLUS process at EssentialsPLUS Course Additions.
For all training courses offered, see: Training Topics.
For articles written about communication see:Communication Articles.