Training Course Results
- Presentation and speaking planning is more comprehensive and complete.
- Fear and nerves are minimised.
- Presentations/speeches start strongly and clearly.
- The presentation/speech goes as planned
- Technology (including PowerPoint) is used effectively.
- Audience members are fully engaged with both the message and the speaker.
- Real outcomes are achieved.
- Presentations have real impact.
- Audience members leave with a good understanding of the information/actions required.
- The speaker achieves personal and business success
Training Program content
- Public speaking skills/approaches/tips.
- Presentation methods that achieve success.
- How to overcome fear of public speaking.
- How to make an impact and obtain interest.
- How to interact with an audience.
- How technology can assist.
- How to design and deliver presentations with impact.
Key training course features
- One day presentations skills program.
- Improves presentation skills and public speaking ability.
- Gives confidence to speak clearly and without presentation nerves.
- Tips to overcome anxiety and public speaking fear.
- For individuals, team leaders, managers, executives and consultants required to speak and present.
- Covers planning for, setting up and delivering successful presentations including use of training aids/presentation software.
- Trainer has more than 30 years' commercial experience.
- Trainer is committed to high value, needs based training, see: Training Values.
- Comprehensive training materials provided.
- Times 9.00 am to 4.00 pm. Registration from 8.40 am.
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are provided.
- Certificate of completion awarded.
- Easy registration process: Registration Process Explanation.
- Limited to eight participants.
- $620 per person.
- Available in Melbourne, see: Dates
- Designed specifically for training needs, also available as: in-house training.
Our training courses cover training that leads to learning which leads to improved performance:
The course design allows participants to specialise or focus on particular topic areas. If your time is a critical resource, then this program is designed for you.
If this course description is close to your requirements, but you have a different or additional need, see also the explanation of the extra training available at EssentialsPLUS Course Extras.
Need for public speaking and presentation skills training
Effective communication and public speaking skills are vital. Whether it be for meetings with staff, internal or external presentations, conferences, formal occasions - the ability to speak clearly and convey a distinct message is essential.
This program is designed for those with some speaking and presentations experience to draw on. The focus is on refreshing the public speaking and presentations essentials before enhancing existing skills so that every presentation achieves the objectives set, whether they are to inform, persuade or "make the sale".
Public speaking with impact
The public speaking and presentation skills training course is suitable for anyone required to speak or make presentations, either within organisations or to public. The program is designed for people who want to make effective speeches and presentations that achieve results. Fear of public speaking and coping with nerves is covered in both theory and practice.
If you are an executive seeking specialised public speaking and/or presentation skills training, see Other Public Speaking/Presentation Skills Training Options. If you are seeking a public train the trainer program, see: public trainer the trainer course.
Venue and Dates
CSBC Training Centre,
Level 15, 350 Collins St,
Melbourne VIC 3000
- 27 November 2017
- 19 December 2017
- 25 January 2018
Please contact us if the above dates do not suit your schedule.
An intensive one-to-one training/coaching day can be arranged at your premises in the Melbourne area. The fee is an additional $200 and you provide the venue. For more information, contact Derek Stockley on 0402 547 332.
In-house training can be arranged for Melbourne, Victoria, Sydney, Brisbane or Perth (or other Australian location).
The fee includes morning and afternoon tea, a light lunch and all course materials and participant notes. The course fees are:
- One participant: $620
Payment is by credit card - Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. There are no surcharges. Companies, government departments and organisations have the option of paying by invoice.
Derek has over 25 years experience as a trainer, consultant and manager. Derek presents needs based programs that draw on his own extensive experience as well as the background and experience of the participants. His programs are practical, combining essential concepts with real learning that can be implemented immediately.
Derek has trained hundreds of people in training, presentation and facilitation techniques. His courses are practical and results oriented. He actively demonstrates his practical, needs based approach.
Because of his extensive experience, participants receive specific instruction on the issues related to their particular speaking or presentation situation.
Terms and Conditions
Registration requires acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
Further training information
If you are speaking at a conference, or making an important business presentation , see: Presentation Skills Assistance Options.
If the available dates are not suitable, or you would prefer more specialised training, individuals or groups of four or less can register their interest or learn more about the on-demand service at: On-demand Service Explanation or register directly at On-demand Training Registration.
Companies and other organisations with training five or more to be trained can request further information and a quotation through the in-house training request page or learn more about in-house training at: in-house training explanation.
Public professional development and management courses are shown at: Public Training Courses.
If this course description is close to your requirements, but you have a different or additional need, see also the explanation of the EssentialsPLUS process at EssentialsPLUS Course Additions.
For all training courses offered, see: Training Topics.
For articles written about communication and public speaking see: Communication Articles.