Training Course Results
- Meeting and workshop planning is more comprehensive and complete.
- Meetings/workshops start strongly and clearly.
- Meetings/workshops proceed according to the pre-determined process
- Facilitator keeps discussion on track and relevant.
- Participants are fully engaged and contribute positively.
- Difficult participants are handled effectively.
- Real outcomes are achieved by a well facilitated group process.
- Meeting/workshop participants leave with a good understanding of the actions required.
Training Program content
- The role of the facilitator in groups
- Different approaches in group leadership
- Facilitation skills
- How to plan a workshop or meeting
- How to maximise participation through effective leadership
- How to use structure effectively
- How to "keep on track"
- Dealing with different participants
If this course description is close to your requirements, but you have a different or additional need, see also the explanation of the extra training available at EssentialsPLUS Course Extras.
Key training course features
- Established one day facilitation skills program.
- Designed to improve meeting conduct and facilitation skills.
- For individuals, team leaders, managers and consultants (sales, safety, quality, risk, etc.) required to run meetings and facilitate workshops.
- Suitable for internal and external consultants working with groups.
- Covers planning for, setting up and running successful meetings/workshops.
- Trainer has more than 20 years commercial experience.
- Trainer is committed to high value, needs based training, see:Training Values.
- Comprehensive training materials provided.
- Times 9.00 am to 4.00 pm. Registration from 8.40 am.
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are provided.
- Certificate of completion awarded.
- Easy registration process: Registration Process Explanation.
- Limited to eight participants.
- $620 per person.
- Available in Melbourne, see: Dates
- Designed specifically for training needs, also available as: in-house training.
Our training courses cover training that leads to learning which leads to improved performance:
This one day Facilitation Skills program is for managers, project managers, team leaders, consultants and others involved in facilitating projects, workshops and meetings. Derek Stockley is a training consultant who also facilitates and consults on a regular basis.
Venue and Dates
CSBC Training Centre,
Level 15, 350 Collins St,
Melbourne VIC 3000
- 10 April 2019
- 30 April 2019
- 15 May 2019
- 28 May 2019
- 11 June 2019
- 26 June 2019
An intensive one-to-one training/coaching day can be arranged at your premises in the Melbourne area. The fee is an additional $200 and you provide the venue. For more information, contact Derek Stockley on 0402 547 332.
Please contact us if the above dates do not suit your schedule.
The fee includes morning and afternoon tea, a light lunch and all course materials and participant notes. The course fees are:
- One participant: $620
Payment is by credit card - Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. There are no surcharges. Companies, government departments and organisations have the option of paying by invoice.
Derek has over 25 years experience as a trainer, consultant and manager. Derek presents needs based programs that draw on his own extensive experience as well as the background and experience of the participants. His programs are practical, combining essential concepts with real learning that can be implemented immediately.
Derek has trained hundreds of people in training, presentation and facilitation techniques. His courses are practical and results oriented. He actively demonstrates his practical, needs based facilitation approach.
Because of his extensive experience, participants receive specific instruction on the issues related to their particular facilitation situation.
Terms and Conditions
Registration requires acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
Further training information
If the available dates are not suitable, or you would prefer more specialised training, individuals or groups of four or less can register their interest or learn more about the on-demand service at: On-demand Service Explanation or register directly at On-demand Training Registration.
Companies and other organisations with training five or more to be trained can request further information and a quotation through the in-house training request page or learn more about in-house training at: in-house training explanation.
Public professional development and management courses are shown at: Public Training Courses.
If this course description is close to your requirements, but you have a different or additional need, see also the explanation of the EssentialsPLUS process at EssentialsPLUS Course Additions.
For all training courses offered, see: Training Topics.
For articles written about communication see: Communication Articles.