Training course results
- Builds effective communication skills.
- Builds effective interpersonal skills.
- More focused communication.
- Matching required communication style to the situation.
- Assertive rather than passive or aggressive behaviour.
- Greater ability to handle difficult situations.
- Ability to avoid conflict.
- Develops assertive behaviour.
- Greater use of tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to undertake relationship repair steps.
Training course content
- Methods of communication - basic and advanced.
- Communication style and pitfalls.
- How to achieve effective communication.
- Effective listening techniques.
- How to deal with different situations.
- Dealing with difficult people.
- Dealing with people under stress.
- Difference between passive, assertive and aggressive approaches.
- Interpersonal techniques.
- Assertiveness skills.
- Influencing skills.
- Conflict management.
If you need a public customer service training program, see: Specialised Public Customer Service Course.
If this course description is close to your requirements, but you have a different or additional need, see also the explanation of the extra training available at EssentialsPLUS Course Extras.
Key training course features
- Well established one day communication and interpersonal skills program.
- Designed to improve communication and interpersonal skills.
- For individuals, team leaders and managers.
- Covers communication styles, listening, interpersonal relationships and difficult situations.
- Very practical - communication training can be applied straight away.
- Trainer has more than 20 years commercial experience.
- Trainer is committed to high value, needs based training, see: Training Values.
- Comprehensive training materials provided.
- Times 9.00 am to 4.00 pm. Registration from 8.40 am.
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are provided.
- Certificate of completion awarded.
- Easy registration process: Registration Process Explanation.
- $620 per person.
- Available in Melbourne, see: Dates
- Designed specifically for training needs, also available as: in-house training anywhere in Australia.
Our training courses cover training that leads to learning which leads to improved performance:
Interpersonal and communication skills are essential for all aspects of our business and private lives
This course is for individuals, team leaders and managers who need to and want to ensure that they are maximising their ability to communicate and work with others, avoiding conflict and disharmony.
The program allows you to identify and adapt your communication style. Your ability to listen and comprehend the intention/message behind the words used by others will be improved. You will be able to identify ways to talk with other people in a manner that relates to them and their particular style. You will detect possible conflict and minimise its impact.
The course is needs based. You cover the communication and interpersonal skills techniques and ideas, but a substantial component involves practical exercises that let you focus on the management of issues most important to you.
Derek has over 25 years experience as a trainer, consultant and manager. Derek presents needs based programs that draw on his own extensive experience as well as the background and experience of the participants. His programs are practical, combining essential concepts with real learning that can be implemented immediately.
Because of his extensive experience, participants receive guidance on the issues related to their situation.
Terms and Conditions
Registration requires acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
Venues and Dates
Please contact us if the above dates do not suit your schedule.
The fee includes morning and afternoon tea, a light lunch and all course materials and participant notes. The course fees are:
- One participant: $620
Payment is by credit card - Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. There are no surcharges. Companies, government departments and organisations have the option of paying by invoice.
Further training information
If the available dates are not suitable, or you would prefer more specialised training, individuals or groups of four or less can register their interest or learn more about the on-demand service at: On-demand Service Explanation or register directly at On-demand Training Registration.
Companies and other organisations with training five or more to be trained can request further information and a quotation through the in-house training request page or learn more about in-house training at: in-house training explanation. Training can be conducted anywhere in Australia.
Public professional development and management courses are shown at: Public Training Courses.
If this course description is close to your requirements, but you have a different or additional need, see also the explanation of the EssentialsPLUS process at EssentialsPLUS Course Additions.
For all training courses offered, see: Training Topics.
For articles written about communication see: Communication Articles.