This is a collection of HRD, human resource and management articles. Topics include identifying training needs,e-learning, performance management, motivation, human resources management, financial and non-financial rewards, implementing change and new business systems. The articles are:
Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Human resource issues need attention - this article provides a formal look at identifying and meeting needs under the performance management umbrella.
- People are still the most important asset - outlines factors in the management of people.
- Achieving fair financial and non-financial rewards- this article covers the key factors in this important performance management area.
Change management and business systems
- Achieving lasting and positive change - key factors involved in managing change programs are explained in this article..
- Implementing new business systems successfully - key issues are detailed in this article.
Training and e-learning
- Training in Australia is everybody's responsibility - key current issues in training in Australia.
- "Mission impossible" - a light-hearted look at planning training.
- Implementing e-learning - an "how to" guide by Derek Stockley - important tips and information about the successful implementation of e-learning systems in companies and organisations. This article was originally in EI Magazine (EI, Volume 2 Issue 7, February 2006, Ark Group Ltd). You can read it in PDF format (as published) here.
- Informal learning - important tips and information about informal learning, originally written for Capital Magazine.
Derek Stockley has a regular free email newsletter that also provides short articles on training, learning and performance issues. Topics can include performance, management development, customer service, search engines, etc.
You can subscribe at: High Performance Newsletter Administration page.
To review the newsletter, see: Listing of recent newsletter articles.
Articles about specific topics are listed at:
- Employee Engagement Articles.
- Customer Service Articles.
- Business Systems Articles.
- Communication Articles.
- Human Resource Management Articles.
- Management Articles.
- Marketing Articles.
- Motivation and Leadership Articles.
- Personal Development Articles.
- Time Management Techniques Articles.
- Training Articles.
Related information is also available at:
- Performance Management.- information about Derek Stockley's performance management approach, including experience in designing and implementing performance review/appraisal systems. This approach is summarised in Issue 2.7 of Human Capital Australia magazine (PDF - 1.04 mb) - see "Get what you give"
- Performance Management Articles - links to articles on and off site about performance management issues and approaches.
- Training Needs Analysis - information about the training needs analysis approach and Derek's experience in identifying training needs.
- Train the Trainer.- information about developing trainer skills including suggested topics and key issues.
- Continuous Improvement - explains the influences that affect "continuous improvement" and quality approaches.
- Learning and Development - a guide to learning and development, including the concept of "lifelong learning".
- Blended Learning - defines and explains "blended learning", which is growing in importance because of e-learning.
- Leadership/Management Training and Development - covers key issues involved in management and leadership development.
- Setting training and learning at the right level.- explains the importance of aiming training at the right level.
See:Top 50 Management Gurus for a listing of the top management gurus, with links to comprehensive resources and articles for each management guru.
See: Free Online Training and E-learning for a comprehensive list of free examples/tutorials on a variety of business and learning subjects.